Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Maybe It's You

"Someone to hold... someone to cry... someone who makes me feel alive... MAYBE IT'S YOU ALL MY LIFE."




Maybe Its You (Cd Version) - Regine Velasquez


+1000 POINTS

When the Tagalog-dubbed My Name Is Kim Sam Soon was broadcasted in the Philippines, instead of using an OPM revival, GMA-7 opted to use a totally new song for this series - Jolina Magdangal's "Maybe It's You". I don't really know the history of the song (maybe Jolina's fans can supply me with more details). I'm not sure whether it's a new song that they decided to launch in time of the airing of My Name Is Kim Sam Soon (and use it as its theme song - like hitting two birds with one stone) or they composed the song specifically for the series. But whatever it is, "Maybe It's You" had been associated with My Name Is Kim Sam Soon in the Philippines and it became widely popular since February 2006.

I believe that My Name Is Kim Sam Soon has one of the best soundtracks among its contemporary Korean dramas. I just simply love listening to it's entire soundtrack over and over. It's Tagalog counterpart, "Maybe It's You", though only a single song is at par.

What I love most in the song is that it fits the story of the series. I can hear Sam Soon talking through the lyrics. It gives me both the feeling of joy and uncertainties of Sam Soon towards her new-found love. It simply makes me feel in-love.

Although Jolina Magdangal's version is a very good one and I've loved it for a couple of years now, Regine Velasquez' version is truly exceptional. And I love the variations given to the new version. Though it's a new arrangement, it was able to keep the simplicity and rawness of the original version. And of course I like the coolness of Regine's voice. It's giving me goosebumps every time I listen to it. Well, need I say more? She wouldn't be called "Asia's Songbird" for nothing.

So, plus +1000 points for Ako Si Kim Samsoon... for using Maybe It's You, for giving it an excellent new arrangement, and for letting Regine sing it.


MAYBE IT'S YOU

Original
Performer: Jolina Magdangal
Lyricist: Agatha Obar
Composer: Agatha Obar
Arranger: Melvin Morallos
Album: Tuloy Pa Rin Ang Awit
My Name Is Kim Sam Soon Philippine Theme Song
Second Version
Performer: Regine Velasquez
Arranger: Bobby Velasco
Ako Si Kim Samsoon Theme Song


LYRICS
(Regine Velasquez' version)

I've been alone searching for love
'til you came along and touched my heart
with you in my life I'll never think twice
It's you I've been waiting to call

Maybe it's you I'm thinking of
Who'd mend this broken heart of mine
It's you I'm wishing for who'd be with me tonight
Someone to hold, someone to cry
Someone who'd make me feel alive
Maybe it's you all my life
Ohh....

No lonely hours (no lonely hours) but just precious times
I turn to you and I am alright (I am alright)
Never will die (never will die) this feeling inside
With you every moment's forever

Maybe it's you (maybe it's you) I'm thinking of
Who'd mend this broken heart of mine
It's you (it's you) I'm wishing for who'd be with me tonight
Someone to hold, someone to cry
Someone who'd make me feel alive
Maybe it's you all my life

(Maybe it's you... Maybe it's you)

Ohh....

Maybe it's you I'm thinking of
Who'd mend this broken heart of mine
It's you I'm wishing for who'd be with me tonight
Someone to hold, someone to cry
Someone who'd make me feel alive
Maybe it's you all my life
(Maybe it's you... Maybe it's you)

Who'd make me feel alive
Maybe it's you all my life

Ohhhh....

Maybe it's you all my life

Credits and Notes:
Thanks to khay11butterfly for uploading the song to imeem.com

1 comment:

... said...

Thanks to Regine and Maybe It's You. I was able to get a good score in my impromptu speech in my training last night. ^^